While you’re improving yourself for the new year, consider these Corpus Christi-specific resolutions. Pick one or all. Did we leave anything off?
In 2018, I will:
- Put my grocery cart in the corral after I unload my groceries. It’s just a few steps.
- Go hear live, local music once before June 30. Once again after June 30.
- Never litter. I will purposefully put my trash in a bin. On a crazy day, I’ll pick up one piece of litter that I didn’t drop.
- Do a new Thing I’ve never done in Corpus Christi, once a month. It can even be free.
- Go for a walk/run/bike on Shoreline once before June 30. Once again after June 30.
- Eat a breakfast taco every Tuesday; I’ll cancel out those calories by replacing soda/energy drink/juice with water once a day.
- Donate $25 to my favorite Thing that could use a little help. I’ll go to their website today and knock this one out.
- Say no to straws and single use plastic bags whenever I can. They’re everywhere.
- Choose a local restaurant over a chain restaurant 50% of the time I go out to eat. Chili’s won’t notice; the local restaurant will.
- Remember the crosswalk law. I can not drive through a crosswalk whenever a human is anywhere within it (even if there’s no way I’d hit them).
- Begin acting like I live in the best city in the world. When I create and live my reality, it becomes my reality. I live in the best city in the world.